Open Job Positions – PRO Youth and Families is Now Hiring
Current Job Openings
Resumes can be accepted ONLY for open positions. Send both a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address listed in the job description or send to the mailing address shown in it. Be sure to identify the position you are seeking in your subject line. No phone calls please.
Title: Youth Civic Engagement Specialist
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time, Hourly
Reports to: Director of Programs
Description: Under primary direction of the Director of Programs, the Youth Civic Engagement specialist facilitates, Civic Engagement, Advocacy and Life Skills programs for young people ages of 9-18 in schools and community settings. This position is responsible for youth recruitment, the coordination and implementation of program components, and the facilitation of community partnerships.
• Implement direct services of assigned program site(s) including recruitment/outreach,
facilitation and planning of program meetings and supervision of youth participants.
• Incorporation of program curriculum at assigned site(s).
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administration, faculty, and
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders, including municipal
government officials, city staff, and school officials
• Creating and coordinating additional resources and opportunities for youth.
• Represents the agency at community meetings and events.
• Makes appropriate referrals for students and their families for community resources.
• Implement program evaluation tasks as identified.
• Maintains student information database and completes monthly reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Youth development principles and practices.
• Program planning and development.
• Facilitation of curriculum.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills that reflect an ability to simplify and
communicate issues. Knowledge of AP style preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
as well as ability to work independently as a self starter.
• Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a
• Maintain composure under deadline pressure and willingness to work extra hours if necessary.
• Ability to recommend and initiate work and projects with minimal direction.
• Work effectively with community members and media.
• Proficiency in computer word processing skills and knowledge of database management.
• Work independently, set priorities, develop goals and objectives and know when to seek
• Speak to large groups, including businesses, public service organizations, clubs, and other public
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Professional appearance.
• A.A. Degree or higher from an accredited higher learning institution.
• A minimum of one-year experience working with individuals or students in an organized setting.
• Passionate about political science and local government.
• Requires sufficient arm, hand, finger dexterity in order to operate a keyboard, typewriter, and
other office equipment.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Requires normal hearing and speaking skills to communicate with staff and public.
• Requires visual activity to read numbers and words.
• Ability to stand or sit for at least 30 minutes in duration.
Licenses and Certificates:
• Valid California driver’s license
• Proof of vehicle insurance
• Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance
Location and Work Hours:
• Work is performed at the administrative offices at 5299 Auburn Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95841
and at various community and school sites.
• Work hours are flexible, including evening and weekend hours. Administrative offices are open
8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Please send resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Dimitrius Stone,
Director of Programs, at DimitriusS@proyouthandfamilies.org. PDF or Word formats are both
acceptable. Interviews of the finalist candidates are expected in July.
Thank you for your interest in joining PRO Youth and Families!